Please note the above rate is based on 2 people sharing accommodation. If you are a single person travelling please contact us for a rate.
One of the most highlighted festivals in South Africa, the Pink Loerie Mardi Gras attracts people from around the world to paint the beautiful coastal town of Knysna pink.
Once, one of the best-kept secrets in South Africa, the now much-loved town of Knysna is on the Garden Route and is surrounded by lush indigenous South African rainforests spilling out into a crystalline estuary; fed by the Knysna River. For the past several years, Knysna has also become home to one of the freshest and most exciting LGBTQ+ celebrations around the world – the Pink Loerie Mardi Gras and Arts Festival.
Initially, it was started by local businessmen to entice tourists to the town during the traditionally slow month of May, and reinvigorate the local economy. It was run by Juan Lerm until 2009, and the Pink Loerie Mardi Gras became an event that would not only incorporate the local region’s gay identity expression, but it also celebrated the cultural contributions made by the gay community, and in so doing, overcame a prior history of suppression in the area. With an ever increasingly visible LGBTQ+ community, Knysna’s Pink Loerie has systematically become one of the most written about must-see annual celebrations within the international LGBTQ+ community.
This colourful carnival is all about promoting unity and diversion within the community with fabulous entertainment, costume parades, performance art, exhibitions and shimmering parties.
- Based on arrival Tuesday 28th of May departure Sunday 2nd of June
- Priced based on 2 people travelling together & sharing a double or twin room
* 2 nights at Fountains Hotel (Cape Town) in a standard room
* 3 nights at The Rex Hotel (Knysna) in a standard room
* Breakfast daily
* 5 days rental of Group A hired vehicle (Chev Spark or similar)
* Car hire includes:
- Super rates include STLW, SCDW and PAI
- Windscreen and tyre waiver
- Airport surcharge, Tourism levy and Vat @ 15%
- Unlimited mileage
* Maps & driving directions
* All Government taxes and levies.
* 24 hours stand-by contact number.
* Any International & local flight/s and all taxes where applicable.
* Insurance cover
* Car Hire: Rental deposit @ R3,425.00 Contract fee @ R96.00 & fuel
- Additional driver per rental
- Fine handling fee
- Claim handling fee per occurrence
- GPS units
- All collection fees - office hours and after hours
- Water, sand and undercarriage damage
- Towing charges (if not mechanical)
- No show fees
* Any other item(s) not included in the itinerary.
Here is a summary of your booking itinerary:
Day 1 - Tuesday, 28th May 2019
Day 2 - Wednesday, 29th May 2019
Day 3 - Thursday, 30th May 2019
Day 4 - Friday, 31st May 2019
Day 5 - Saturday, 1st June 2019
Day 6 - Sunday, 2nd June 2019
***** END *****
Subject to availability!!! Book early to avoid disappointment.
General Booking Terms
* A deposit of 25% will secure your reservation
* Deposits are non- refundable
* Full payment needs to be received 30 days prior to arrival date.
* Cancellation less than 30 days prior to arrival a 100 % cancellation fee will apply.