Come overnight to Khayelitsha and experience the African Flair, African Cuisine, friendly people and of course the warm African hostess - Majoromia. Established in 1998, it is a bed and breakfast that is offering accommodation and catering for small functions and churches.
This B&B, with its unique style, was the first to open in the township. With its traditional way of design, good service and homely environment, the B&B accommodates four people with a double and twin room, kitchen and separate bathroom.
Your host, Maria, with culinary / catering experience at the University of Cape Town, will prepare a scrumptious, traditional, English or continental breakfast for you. Lunch and dinner can be provided on request. Spotless facilities, in an environment that is like being in the comfort of your own home.
Contact us for bookings
Tel: +27 (0) 21 794 1619
There is a TV in the main shared living room. The kitchen is available to guests for coffee and tea making facilities and guests are welcome to keep their drinks in the refrigerator.The Majoro's Experience also may include: * Saturday braai (BBQ)
* Afternoon walk to experience typical Township life
* Vibrant Music & traditional dance
* Traditional African Cuisine and cooking "courses"
* A visit to the local Sangoma
* A full township tour
* An evening of shebeen hopping or a night at the nearby jazz club
* A choir/gospel tour
* A tour of community projects
* The local church social
* A chat with local women, who can share the township experience and gossip the past and present stories.Marie and her team can also cater for small functions including lunches and dinners. As well, they can do flower arrangments. Whatever your desire, Marie and her family and friends can usually accommodate -just let us know your interests and we can try to arrange a package of activities for you ahead of time. Or please ask Marie upon arrival for her suggestions.