Cape Point and Winelands Biking Tour
Cape Point and Winelands Biking Tour, Cape Town | Spend a day on the tour and take home an experience that will last a lifetime. This combination allows clients to experience two of the biggest attractions in Cape Town on the same day. It is however in no way rushed. The Cape Point Nature Reserve and wine tasting at the oldest wine farms in the Cape; Groot Constantia and Constantia Uitsig.
A leisurely tour through the spectacular setting of the Cape Point Nature Reserve with the option to ride a bike or sit in the tour bus. This is the best way to experience the unique plant and animal life of this area including a visit at Boulders Beach an African Penguin colony. Biking allows you to participate in this experience rather than observe it from the window of a bus. This unique mode of transport will allow close sightings of ostriches, antelope, baboons and mountain zebra.
The nature reserve has spectacular coastal views, beautiful indigenous flora, over 1100 different species of Fynbos and a 300 - 500 meter cliff view from the most southerly tip of the Cape Peninsula . This is a natural environment that should not to be missed.
The drive to Cape Point is one of the most scenic in the world, with some fantastic views of the Indian and Atlantic Oceans , not to mention the indigenous Fynbos. Once at the Nature Reserve the bicycles are unloaded. Providing the best bikes in town, each of the high performance Trek's or Gary Fisher's come with front suspension as standard. Cycling through this area it is an awe inspiring experience, smell the unique scent of the Protea, get close to the indigenous animals, feel the sea breeze in your face, and truly feel alive!
The day is normally structured as follows:
10am -- Depart from Cape Town
10:45 -- Visit the African Penguin colony at Boulders Beach
11:15 -- Enter the Cape Of Good Hope Nature Reserve
11:20 -- Cycle through the reserve along a choice of beautiful routes taking in the flora, fauna & coastal views. Depending on the wishes and fitness of the clients the route is between 10-20Km of relatively easy cycling.
12:00 -- Enjoy a walk up to the Site of the original lighthouse at Cape Point or take the Flying Dutchman funicular.
13:00 -- You have the option of taking a 40 minute walk along the Clifftop route from Cape Point to the Cape of Good Hope.
13:40 -- Enjoy another cycle along the coast and across the peninsular to a deserted beach for lunch
14:30 -- Leave the Nature Reserve
15:00 -- Wine tasting at Constantia Uitsig wine farm
15:30 -- Depending on the time available there is the option of another short ride through the wine region
16:00 -- Wine tasting at Groot Constantia, South Africa's oldest wine farm
16:45 -- Leave for Cape Town
17:15 -- Arrive back at Downhill Adventures office or your accommodation.
You will Need To Bring
* Small Backpack
* Big Smile
Downhill Adventures Provides
* Transportation & Permits
* Helmets & Water Bottles
* Mountain Bike Expert Guide
* Inclement weather may cause alterations to the tour itinerary; the supplier will not be held liable in any way for these possible occurrences.
* In the case of inclement weather preventing any activities from being run, the suppliers reserves the right to move that activity to another day, combine it with existing itinerary activities or to substitute that activity with an activity of an equivalent value.
* Comprehensive travel and cancellation insurance is required for all clients on this adventure tour. It is the client’s responsibility to ensure that they have this paperwork. Resulting costs from not having this paperwork is the client’s sole responsibility.
* All clients must sign an indemnity form prior to the departure date of the tour; no client will be allowed to commence a tour without having signed an indemnity form.
* Although every precaution is taken on tour to ensure all clients safety, the supplier accepts no responsibility for any death, injury, or loss to any person as a result of any reasons whatsoever.
* The client realises that to participate in these adventure activities he/she may require a measure of physical fitness and no heart condition, it is the client’s obligation to ensure that he/she is medically fit to embark on this tour.
DAMAGE TO PROPERTY:
* If any client damages property i.e. bicycles, sandboards, surfboards vehicles/trailers etc. on purpose or through negligence, the client will be held responsible for the repair or replacement of the damaged property. This excludes wear and tear, which the supplier accepts can happen.